Visit our Highland Heights and you will discover it is comprised of a comfortable balance of neighborhoods, green space and businesses—all with easy access to downtown Cleveland and other regional amenities. Whether you are looking to make the City of Highland Heights a home for your family, or a base for your business, you’ll discover a City with leadership committed to meeting your needs. This balance distinguishes the City of Highland Heights as a prosperous, safe community to live, own a business, work, raise children and make lasting memories. It’s a city with neighborhood pride and a promising future.
Convenience and Accessibility
Highland Heights is approximately 12 miles, or 30 minutes, northeast of downtown Cleveland. Residents are just minutes from Interstates 271 and 90 or Route 2.
Home and Tax Information
- Median home price is approximately $314,000
- Income tax rate is 2 percent, with 100 percent credit for residents
- Average property taxes $2,245 ($46.72 per $1,000 of assessed value)
- The City’s 5.2 square miles are home to approximately 9,000 residents
- Free leaf and garbage pick-up and recycling programs
- Builders contribute $300 – $600 per house or commercial property to plant trees along the City’s streets or support the park and recreation program
- Mayfield City Schools has earned the highest honor given by the Ohio Department of Education – the rating of Excellent with Distinction according to the Ohio Department of Education’s annual report card. This honor has been achieved by only 116 of Ohio’s 610 school districts.
- The Mayfield City School District won the National Excellence Award for Indoor Air Quality from the Environmental Protection Agency
The Mayfield School District serves the communities of Gates Mills, Highland Heights, Mayfield Heights and Mayfield Village.
While convenient to downtown, the City of Highland Heights also offers many amenities within one mile of the City:
- Stonewater Golf Club – a challenging members-only course
- Airport Greens Golf Course – 18-hole public golf course
- Cleveland Metroparks North Chagrin Reservation – 2,112 acres of parks and trails along the Chagrin River, including Manakiki Golf Course, a public links course
- Cuyahoga County Public Library – Mayfield Branch
- Richmond Town Square mall – J.C. Penney, Macy’s, Sears, and Regal Cinemas
- Rated 75th “Best Place to Live (in America)” by CNN Money Magazine in 2007
- Rated in the top 10 among 76 cities in Cleveland Magazine’s 2007 “Rating the Suburbs.”
Close Proximity to:
- Legacy Village and Beachwood Mall
- Hillcrest Hospital—A Cleveland Clinic Hospital
- University Hospitals Richmond Medical Center
- Mayfield Sand Ridge Club (Country Club and Golf Club)
Colleges and Universities
A number of higher education institutions are located within comfortable traveling distance from the City’s boundaries, including:
- Ursuline College, Pepper Pike
- John Carroll University, University Heights
- Notre Dame College, South Euclid
Additionally, residents may take advantage of the 15 other colleges, universities and professional schools located within 30 miles of the City of Highland Heights, including: